Adding a pool to your home can be a great investment. Not only does it add value if you ever decide to sell, but it can also significantly increase your enjoyment of being home. One consideration is how you would like to use your pool, and chances are, you would love to enjoy your pool after dark. Proper lighting and professional pool electric work are key to making your nighttime swim sessions a success.
Pool electric work won’t just happen in the pool itself. The right lighting can create a luxurious, magical resort-like atmosphere in your backyard. You won’t ever want to leave it. When you are considering possible pool electric work and lighting, don’t forget these key areas:
- Underwater lighting: If you are working on lighting during pool construction, flush-mounted lights are a great choice. If you are adding lighting to an existing pool, you may need to consider surface-mounted options.
- Pool deck lighting: There are lots of options, including in-ground and above ground lighting.
- Landscape lighting: This is a chance to highlight nearby features, like mature trees or your pergola or outdoor kitchen.
- Safety lighting: Areas like stair treads should definitely be lit if you will navigate them at night.
- Bug control lighting: Don’t forget to consider lighting to attract bugs away from your pool, increasing your opportunity to enjoy the night pest-free.
When it comes to pool electric work, it is always best to consult with a professional. Water and electricity can be a dangerous combination even with the right knowledge, experience and tools.