LED lighting has become increasingly popular the past few years, and for good reason. Swapping traditional lights for LED lighting can save you hundreds of dollars on your electrical bills each year because LEDs are economical and energy efficient. So, where exactly should you put LED lighting to get the most benefit?
- Under Cabinets – LED lighting under cabinetry serves multiple functions. It can make things you store or use on the countertops below easier to see and also offer a source of lighting when your other main lights are turned off. This could be a safety feature or a way to improve visibility when using knives or other cooking equipment.
- Doorway Thresholds – If you’ve ever discovered a doorway threshold by stubbing your toe unexpectedly, you know it can hurt! Adding LED lighting at thresholds and transition strips, especially those with a change in flooring elevation, can greatly improve safety when going from one room to another.
- Around Mirrors – Adding LED lighting around mirrors is another good option. Especially in bathrooms where overhead lighting can be dull, LED lights offer improved conditions for anyone stopping in the bathroom for a few moments to prepare themselves for the day.
- Closets – Stepping into a dark closet can be disconcerting. Even if you have an overhead light in your closet, sometimes it doesn’t fully illuminate the items you have stored there. Using LED lighting in corners and under shelving can add the extra light you need to see well.
- Outdoors – LED lighting is also ideal for numerous outdoor applications, including safety lights, pathway illumination, and decorative lighting. The sky is the limit with LED lighting for outdoor applications.
At Volt-Tech Electric Company, we can assist with the electrical wiring installation for LED lighting at your home or business. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial electrical services.